Monday, April 12, 2010

New work by Linda Smith

Clearing
Oil
8" x 8"
$200


Blue and Gold
Pastel on Paper
12" x 16"



Dishing Time
OilAlign Center
16" x 20"
$700
"In Augusta MO, earlier this year (2009), I took part in a great, 11 day plein-air event. One morning with a few minutes to spare, I wandered into an Antique shop in the middle of town. To my delight, everywhere I looked, there was a still life just waiting for me. My time was limited so I pulled out my trusty little digital camera and clicked away. This is the 1st in my series from this antique shop reference. I liked the drippy underpainting so much that I decided to leave it. The dishes are very colorful and seem to pop off the canvas."

Playing in Flowers
Oil on Canvas
16" x 20"
$700
"Layers and layers of paint. That's what draws me to this painting.The vase and flowers I set up were kind of boring. It started out to be a simple, pretty little painting. But it needed some umph. So I just loaded up my palette and started slathering on lots of paint.The result, an exciting, powerful floral painting."

Pretty Little Floral
Oil
12" 12"
$350

"A textural expression of a light flowing bouquet."

No comments: